Construction Project/Cost Estimator
Responsible for accurately calculating the costs associated with a construction project by analyzing material and resources required. Multi-Family, Hotel, Mixed-Use, and Retail experience in Ground Up Projects as well as Renovation experience is required. Works closely with Vice President of Construction. Position is based in Cleveland but requires travel to construction sites throughout the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates
- Consult with clients, vendors, and OMNI employees to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors and subcontractors
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, subcontractors, etc. on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for planning, organizing and scheduling work
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements throughout duration of the project
- Assess the cost effectiveness of project
- Establish monitoring and reporting procedures
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and subcontractors
- Negotiate agreements to resolve disputes
- Visit site and record information regarding access, topography and available services
- Ability to gather, analyze, and process information or data from all relevant sources and chose best solution
- Proficient with drawing and specification review and implementation
- Strong math skills and ability to analyze financial information
- Working knowledge of appropriate computer systems to establish functions, enter data or process information, including CAD
- Ability to estimate the quantifiable characteristics of products, events or information to determine time, costs, resources or materials needed
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, both internally and externally
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work, including the coordination of activities of others to accomplish tasks
- Attention to detail in documenting and recording information, including large files with confidential data
- Accuracy in predicting project duration
- Hands-on team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction preferred
- Certification through the Advancement of Cost Engineering helpful.
- At least 7 years' extensive experience in commercial ground up and renovation construction as an Estimator. Must be proficient at analyzing and tearing down construction documents.
OMNI works to act on behalf of our clients' best interests to ensure that we deliver a final product completed with special attention to detail, on budget and on time. If you would like to apply your cost estimator skills and grow your experience while working on rewarding projects, OMNI is for you. We are based in a convenient Beachwood location and provide a great team environment and compensation/benefit package. Join our Team and help share our Mantra: "Expect the best....We do".